Great Revenue Growth Comes From a Great Sales Process
SALES PROCESS DEVELOPMENT | TRAINING | PROCESS MAP
Developing a sales process for your business is one of the most effective ways you can help your sales and customer service staff close deals and grow revenue. It’s the framework your sales team will follow to guide prospective customers from the awareness/interest phase of the buying cycle, through to the purchase and even post-sale ongoing relationship phase. Without it, you lose the ability to have a consistent and scalable model to help your business grow.
We’ve narrowed down the formula for business success. We help small business with:
We’ll help plan your journey so you’re on the right track to deliver the right results for your business.
We’ll navigate the path with the right tracking, measurement, analysis and strategy.
With small steps brings big rewards. We’ll optimise and improve results, generate more profit for lower costs, and bring you rapid growth and business success.
Developing a sales process (aka your sales bible) simply starts with formalising what you are most likely already doing, and then improving it. The easiest way to get started is to outline the main steps in your sales cycle so that you can determine the knowledge and resources required to move them through the sales funnel. Start by:
- Reviewing your recent sales & the deals you lost
- Analysing what actions you took that worked/didn’t work
- Identify the main touch points
- Observing your sales or customer service staff and observe the processes they took to move the prospect along the buying journey towards the sale.
- Then, document it!
A general sales process would look something like this. Tailor and build upon this to suit your specific business, and then build the specific tasks, rules, supporting resources and documentation required. These should be outlined for each step of the sales cycle.
Specific Tasks: Some of these may include:
- Lead nurture (phone / Face to face)
- Cold calls (phone / Face to face)
- Demonstrations / workshops
- Networking/relationship building
Rules: The rules specify the metrics required, such as:
- KPIs: number of contacts required (number of follow ups), target conversions
- Timeframes: within which each enquiry/lead should be followed up
- Data: what key information is required from each prospect at each stage
- Reporting: data input into CRM daily/weekly
- Tasks: position description detailing tasks required
- Training and sales manual: scripts/messages for opening/closing the call, key sales propositions, product knowledge, handling objections
- Resources: handouts/product guides, direct mailers,
- Communications: scripts for cold calls and key messages, email templates
- Data capture – establishing systems to capture information with appropriate fields and reporting requirements
Doubled sales in 6 months
Engagement: Sep '15 - Sep '18
Growth Inbound Sales
Growth in Enquiries
Growth in website visitors
“Our business has used Due North for over 2 years now for our digital marketing and CRM/sales support and it’s been fantastic. Forget a large agency, get personalised service and clear plain English about how to improve your digital marketing and sales methodology.”
PETER THOMAS | HEAD OF DIRECT SALES, MARKETING & CUSTOMER SUCCESS | SMARTPAY AUSTRALIA & NZ
- Customer Experience and Journey development
- Web Design and Development
- Search management (SEM and SEO)
- Content and graphic design
- Sales methodology, coaching and induction
Want to grow your business?
THERE'S NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT
“Very efficient, great service and they are genuinely interested in growing the revenue of my business! And the results we’ve received have been excellent.”
"The Team at Due North have been great. I’m stoked with the results we are getting in such a quick period of time. Can’t recommend them enough!"
“Due North is the expert when it comes to putting us on the customer journey, especially in an extremely competitive market.”