Sales & Marketing Management
All the resources you need to manage your Sales & Marketing activity
PLANNING | STRATEGY | RESOURCING | TRACKING | REPORTING
As the business owner, you’ve got a lot on your plate. You’re running a successful, profitable business and you’ve got a good team of all-rounders, but no one sales and marketing professional who can oversee, drive and elevate your sales and marketing function from start to finish with the outcomes you desire.
While it’s not always necessary to have these skills in-house, it is necessary to have this part of your business managed well – whether that be in-house or outsourced.
Management allows your business to track, review and analyse your marketing resources and activities.It’s the process of pulling together all the pieces of the sales and marketing jigsaw, ensuring they stick together and function like a well-oiled machine. It’s about ensuring that all aspects of your sales and marketing are complimenting one another and working together to maximise results.
As a team of sales and marketing professionals with experience successfully growing our own businesses, Due North can improve your sales and marketing, and how you operate, and whatever resources you don’t have but need, we can provide them.
We’ve narrowed down the formula for business success. It’s all about:
We’ll help plan your journey so you’re on the right track to deliver the right results for your business.
We’ll navigate the path with the right tracking, measurement, analysis and strategy.
With small steps brings big rewards. We’ll optimise and improve results,
generate more profit for lower costs, and bring you rapid growth and business success.
The role of marketing management is to oversee the marketing function of the business. By having a marketing management structure in place, you can be reassured that whatever activity you are undertaking, it is providing the best outcomes and return on investment for your business. The right management structure ensures that:
- You are achieving results
- Your team is completing tasks effectively and efficiently
- You are allocating the right resources to maximise return on investment
- You can determine quickly when you are off course and have the skills necessary to tweak your strategy to get you back on track
As part of the marketing management responsibilities is the development of the marketing strategy. This is a strategic long-term plan that outlines the vision, mission and business goals – what we are going to achieve, how we are going to achieve it, within what timeframe, and with what resources and budget.
Every quarter you should be reviewing your progress and assessing the tactical requirements. This includes:
- Knowing exactly who is going to do what and when over the next three months
- Reviewing what worked well and didn’t work well in the last quarter
- Resource allocation to maximise results
- Identify challenges and issues in the foreseeable future
- Conducting a strategic review of your annual plan
2. Business Intelligence
Business Intelligence is the framework that allows you to determine just how effective your sales and marketing is performing. In order to achieve this, you need to establish the right tracking and reporting to capture all of the necessary data from across your business sin order to make informed decisions about what’s working, what’s not, where you should be investing more of your marketing spend and in what resources.
Some areas of your business that you may look to (quantitative and qualitative) include:
- Digital marketing (Google Analytics, Google Ads, social media and email)
- Offline marketing (direct marketing campaigns, print ads, inbound phone tracking)
- Sales & Service (CRM and POS, sales data, conversion rates, business unit data)
- Financial (revenue, costs, transactions)
- Marketing (user journey, social proof, physical presence)
- Branding (communication, design alignment, differentiation)
- Sales (process, engagement, systems, people & training)
- Customer Experience (engagement, rapport, needs analysis, buying criteria)
- Customer Relationships (loyalty programs, lead nurture programs)
Once you have data from some or all of these areas of your business you can form a picture of the path forward for your sales and marketing in order to deliver the results you need.
Optimisation is the process of continual improvement. It’s the role of management to be reviewing, realigning and changing course continually to be getting the best return on investment and better outcomes for your business.
You can do this by implementing monthly, weekly and daily reviews to determine whether you’re on track, or whether you need to change course.
Monthly management meeting
- In-depth review of last month’s results (what worked and didn’t work)
- Are there departments or individual staff that are underperforming (and why)
- Review where we are up to in the quarter
- What are the targets and specific tasks for the next month
Weekly – WIPS
- What did we accomplish
- What is coming up next week, by who and by when
- What are the roadblocks, if any
- What do we need to achieve today
- What did we get done yesterday / what didn’t we get done
- Who needs help with what
By following this process, over time you will reap the rewards with lots of small improvements that lead to a cumulative, bigger result.
30% growth in direct bookings in 4 months
Engagement: Sept '16 - Dec '17
Growth in Sales
Growth in Enquiries
Growth in Website Visitors
“The Team at Due North have been great. I’m stoked with the results we are getting in such a quick period of time. Can’t recommend them enough!”
CHRISTINA SALVO | OWNER | ARIA HOTEL APARTMENTS
- Customer Experience and Journey development
- Web Design and Development
- Search management (SEM and SEO)
- OTA optimisation
- Content and graphic design
- Sales methodology, coaching and induction
- Design, built and rolled out Priority Guest loyalty program
Want to grow your business?
THERE’S NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT
“Starting from scratch, we built a national chain of 26 retail stores under the G-Star brand. What an adventure it was employing over 250 staff at our peak.”
“Due North has boosted our traffic and doubled our through the door customers in only 6 months of work! Highly recommended!”
“Our business has used Due North for over 2 years now for our digital marketing and CRM/sales support and it’s been fantastic. Forget a large agency, get personalised service.”