Guaranteed to Grow Your Business
TECHNICAL SEO | KEYWORD RESEARCH | CONTENT | WEBSITE UX
Search Engine Optimisation – or SEO – is the way in which you increase the volume of organic traffic to your website (that is, traffic that you don’t have to pay for). This includes direct links to various pages on your website that may rank in search engines such as
There are two important aspects of SEO:
- Quality of leads – people who are genuinely interested in your offering
Quantityof leads – attracting more people who are interested in your offering
With over 30 years of combined experience successfully growing our own businesses, we’ve narrowed down the formula for business success. It’s all about:
Strategy & Business Intelligence
We’ll help plan your journey with the right tracking, measurement, analysis and strategy.
We’ll navigate the path with optimisations and key improvements.
We’ll help you scale your Everest by generating more profit with lower costs, bringing you rapid growth and business success.
Strategy & Business Intelligence
Like any journey, you need a thorough plan on how you’re going to get to your destination. This includes using Business Intelligence data and analysis, to determine where your business is at, what gaps need to be filled, and the best strategy for your business to help you reach your goals.
When it comes to SEO, our SEO Audit is a thorough review of your current technical SEO setup and how your website is currently performing. It provides clear insights into improvements that can be implemented for better results, and covers the following important aspects of SEO:
How well can the search engines find and index your website?
How search engines index your website is basically the process of downloading a site or a page’s content to the server of the search engine, thereby adding it to its “index”. In order for the search engines to be able to do this, your website needs to be set up accordingly:
xmlsitemap – a list all of the URLs for a website that areavailable for crawling
- Indexed pages – How many pages you have indexed in Google (i.e. the pages that
- www to non-www redirection – removes the risk of having two versions of your website and therefore risk that backlinks will point to two different locations
- txt – a text file used to instruct web robots (typically search engine robots) how to crawl pages on their website.
How well can the search engines find and index each individual page?
This is how you tell search engines what content is on each page so they can index it correctly and show it in relevant search queries. It includes things like ensuring title tags, meta descriptions and H1 tags are all updated in the backend of your website. These are the headings and descriptions that will appear in a google search to provide a brief insight into what content is on that particular web page.
How well can search engines (and visitors) can navigate your site?
The navigation structure on your website is important as it provides internal links to every page on your site and points search engines to the most important pages (so search engines can read navigation drop down links), which also allows all pages to be indexed. Key aspects that need reviewing are:
- Custom 404 page – this is a specific page created in the style of your website to inform users that the page is no longer active and encourages them to stay on your website.
- Page not found 404 errors – occurs when the page has been removed or moved and the URL was not changed accordingly.
- Speed insights – this is one of the factors Google uses to rank websites and is also important for user experience. For example, the slower the website the more likely it is to have a higher bounce rate.
How well does your website translate to mobile?
With over 40% of Australian internet use being via a mobile phone, it is imperative to maintain a competitive advantage that businesses have a mobile responsive website. This should take into account:
- Site design – how well your website design and layout translate onto mobile
- Site structure – how easy it is to navigate your website on mobile
- Page speed – how fast your website loads on mobile
By implementing SEO improvements outlined in the SEO Audit, your website will already be on track for better optimisations,
Building Trust and Authority
External links to your website is an excellent way to not only drive traffic to your website, they help you rank better. They tell Google you’re an authority on a certain subject so the more good quality links you can get the better.
- Websites with qualified / high volume traffic – seek links via content on highly regarded websites, such as news publications or government websites (i.e. those ending in .gov, .edu)
- Business directories – list your business details on directories such as True Local
- Industry sites – seeking to publish content on industry sites is a good way to qualify for links back to your website
- PR/blog content – seek to author content on other websites, or have guest authors publish on your website (in the hope that they also link from their site)
Content, is all that contents content!
In order to achieve the above, you are more than likely going to need to start here – developing rich, relevant, engaging and current content. It’s all about what your target audience
Great website overall!
It may seem obvious but having a great website is paramount. And not just a good-looking website, but one that is optimised for SEO. At a minimum, it should be visually appealing, easy to navigate, display clear unique selling points and call to action, have a simple user journey, be mobile responsive, be full of super relevant and helpful content and have a strong message coming through on your About Us page to really connect with your audience. It should also be working for you by collecting leads – this is really important as it will help you develop a database of ‘qualified leads’ that you can market back to as part of your email strategy.
Now we’re getting serious. We’ve got our SEO on track, we’re ranking well for key search terms and we’re getting our website and content humming along. But what’s needed in the longer term to maintain our good positioning and outplay our competitors?
Long term content plan
Incorporating a long-term content plan is a good way of developing content that is aligned with your overall marketing strategy. By
Developing a social media strategy is an excellent way to extend your overall digital presence by helping you to be visible on relevant social media platforms. By establishing a social media presence, it also helps establish authority and influence amongst your target audience. Your social profiles are more likely to rank in search results, and your target audience may even be using the social platforms to search for products or services just like yours.
Want to grow your business?
THERE’S NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT
“Very efficient, great service and they are genuinely interested in growing the revenue of my business! And the results we’ve received have been excellent.”
"The Team at Due North have been great. I’m stoked with the results we are getting in such a quick period of time. Can’t recommend them enough!"
“Due North is the expert when it comes to putting us on the customer journey, especially in an extremely competitive market.”