Expert Google Ads Management
Transform your Business with more leads, better ROI
SEM | PPC | OPTIMISATIONS
After running Google Ads campaigns for over 10 years for ourselves and our clients, we know a thing or two about what it takes to get an Google Ads campaign humming along, and what it takes to catapult your business with more revenue and rapid growth.
We think about Google Ads as a default advertising mechanism. It’s all about owning as much real estate in Google search results as possible – both paid and organic listings. When it comes to Google Ads, understanding exactly what your target audience is searching for is going to help ensure that your business appears in one of the top 4 paid positions (even if your website isn’t ranking for those terms as yet). The bottom line is your competitors are there, so you need to be there too.
When managed correctly, Google Ads is one of the best marketing assets your business can have. It can drive qualified leads to your business and drive sales, literally overnight.
We’ve never found somebody that we can’t do it better for! With over 30 years of combined experience successfully growing our own businesses, we’ve narrowed down the formula for business success. It’s all about:
We’ll help plan your journey so you’re on the right track to deliver the right results for your business.
We’ll navigate the path with the right tracking, measurement, analysis and strategy.
With small steps brings big rewards. We’ll optimise and improve results, generate more profit for lower costs, and bring you rapid growth and business success.
Every business is different and will need strategies to achieve different outcomes. In order to define the appropriate strategy for your business, we will assess and analyse available information with the aim of addressing the following questions:
What are we wanting to achieve?
Depending on the nature of your business, you may be looking to increase leads (e.g. by 20%) or increase sales (e.g. by 10%), or increasing both.
What’s the current reality?
In order to assess this, we’ll take a look at volume of visitors to your site, volume and source of leads, sales and revenue as well as your conversion rates.
What’s the path to get there?
We’ll recommend the best path forward and will likely include a combination of the following – increase quality of visitors (e.g. by 5%), increase quantity of visitors (e.g. by 7%) and increase website conversion rates (e.g. by 6%).
What’s my target audience searching for?
This involves conducting in-depth keyword research, defining the core messages, and establishing what your website landing pages need to communicate.
Business Intelligence (The right information with which to make decisions)
Having the right reporting framework in place for your Google Ads is vital to see what is working well and what isn’t, so we can do more of the good and fix or stop the bad. Your BI Framework from Google Ads should include:
Tracking of outcomes
The types of tracking that you should have in place include basic Google Analytics set up, inbound phone tracking, e-commerce tracking and other business outcomes. It will allow you to see how many leads your business got, how much revenue your business received and the lifetime value of each client.
By putting this tracking in place, it will allow you to report on different aspects of your business. Our standard approach is to report on 5-7 high level numbers weekly and with monthly detailed data, analysis with recommendations. We provide the reporting structure (spreadsheets and dashboards) for you, so that all you need to do is review them.
Outcomes to your business
This is about linking all the pieces of the puzzle together to reveal insights as to what real business outcomes are being generated from your Google Ads campaigns. It should be answering questions like:
- How many leads did your business get (via phone or online)?
- How much revenue did my business receive?
- How many sales did we achieve?
- How well is each component of our marketing performing (by campaign, ad group and keyword level and site engagement).
You can’t run an effective Google Ads campaign without also assessing what is happening once visitors actually reach your website. It’s important to understand good site engagement:
- What visitors are engaging well with your site and which ones aren’t
- How much time are they spending on your website
- What is the bounce rate?
- What is the lifetime value of each client?
Visitors to your website
One of the key aims of Google Ads is the ability to drive higher volumes of traffic to your website, so we should be looking at how well your marketing and advertising campaigns do this.
- What volume of visitors does our website attract?
- What is the cost per visitor?
- What are the click-through rates for our campaigns?
Optimisation (short term growth)
Everybody says they optimise their Google Ads campaign, but that’s like saying everybody communicates. And we all know there are good communicators, poor communicators and average communicators. The right Google Ads agency will develop with you a strict and effective optimisation process that will see a real growth in results.
Our approach to optimisation
Our optimisation strategy is to manage campaigns by outcomes. It involves strict optimisations that reveal information about how your campaign is really performing, such as:
- What is our cost per lead or cost per revenue metric we are going to measure?
- What keywords are giving us a cheaper cost per lead/revenue, versus a more expensive cost?
- What we should be doing more of and what we should stop doing?
- What’s the optimisation process required to get the campaign humming so we know that when we spend $1K, it gives us $10K in revenue?
What we always tell clients is that if you are managing your campaigns by outcomes, then your Google Ads campaign should become a variable cost model to your business = i.e. the more you spend the more revenue you make:
- Spend $1000 to make $10K in revenue
- Spend $2K to make $20K in revenue
- Spend $10K to make $100K in revenue
Optimisation of outcomes/conversion optimisation: Leads or revenue
This involves identifying:
- Which parts of the campaign are generating leads/revenue that is below our target costs and do more of them, including more similar keywords and more budget?
- Which parts of the campaign are outside our cost metrics, and can we get it converting better with a more effective landing page?
Management by outcomes
- Cost per lead
- Cost per revenue
This involves allocating more money to better performing keywords and components.
Site engagement optimisations
Site engagement involves identifying:
- Which keywords are producing high bounce rates and low time on site?
- Which keywords are showing good engagement?
- Do more of the good, less of the bad
Search Query Analysis (SQA) / Keyword Optimisation
Although keyword research is conducted early on in the campaign development, it remains an important part of the optimisation process. It involves analysing:
- Weekly/monthly search query analysis to see exactly what people are typing into the search box to make your ad display
- What new keywords can be added that will increase campaign performance
- What negatives do we need to add to stop your ad from displaying (adding negatives every week and month is vital to a good performing campaign).
25% growth in revenue in 4 months
Engagement: Sept ’16 – Current
Growth in leads
Growth in sales
Growth in website visitors
“I set Due North a target of growing my business by 25% within 6-12 months. They delivered in just 4! Their professionalism, communication and results have been excellent.
It is extremely refreshing to find a company that takes the time to guide you through the process, understand your requirements and then deliver a solution in a timely fashion.
I’d recommend them to anyone.”
GUY WILSON – GENERAL MANAGER | FORT KNOX SELF STORAGE
- Customer Experience
- Search management (SEM and SEO)
- Content Strategy and recommendation
- Web design and development
Want to grow your business?
THERE’S NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT
“Very efficient, great service and they are genuinely interested in growing the revenue of my business! And the results we’ve received have been excellent.”
"The Team at Due North have been great. I’m stoked with the results we are getting in such a quick period of time. Can’t recommend them enough!"
“Due North is the expert when it comes to putting us on the customer journey, especially in an extremely competitive market.”