SEO Guide – On Page Optimisations
This is our SEO guide for on-page SEO optimisation. It includes tips and examples to improve your webpages.
- Include your target keyword in the beginning of your Title Tag.
- Avoid duplicate Title Tags.
- Google typically displays the first 50–60 characters of a Title Tag. If you keep your titles under 60 characters, our research suggests that you can expect about 90% of your titles to display properly.
Primary Keyword – Secondary Keyword | Brand Name
8-foot Green Widgets – Widgets & Tools | Widget World
- As with Title Tags, Avoid duplicate Meta Description tags.
- Meta Descriptions can be any length, but Google generally truncates snippets to ~155–160 characters. It’s best to keep Meta Descriptions long enough that they’re sufficiently descriptive, so we recommend descriptions between 50–160 characters.
meta name=”description” content=”This is an example of a meta description. This will often show up in search results.”
SEO Friendly URL
- Google has stated that the first 3-5 words in a URL are given more weight.
- Make sure your keyword or synonym is in an H1 tag
- Only have one H1 tag per page
h1 = Keyword Page Title
In this example, the h2 is more specific than the h1, and the h3 tags are more specific than the h2. This is just an example of a structure you could use.
h1 = Melbourne Travel Guide
h2 = Melbourne by the Seasons
h3 = Visiting in Winter
h4 = Visiting in Spring
Keyword in the Beginning of Content
Include your target keyword in the first 100-150 words of your copy.
- Make sure at least one image file name includes your page target keyword and that your target keyword is part of your image Alt Text.
img src=”pancakes.png” alt=”Stack of blueberry pancakes with powdered sugar”
- Create your content by applying your keyword research.
- Your web content should exist to answer searchers’ questions, to guide them through your site, and to help them understand your site’s purpose.
- Content should not be created for the purpose of ranking highly in search alone.
Internal Linking & Anchor Text
a href=”http://www.example.com/” title=”Keyword Text”
Multimedia in Blog Posts
Yes please, send me Digital Marketing Tips!
Get amazing information and resources on how to grow your business.